- Why do we need to get into the wireless router?
As we all know, sometimes we need to change or modify the configurations of our wireless router because of abnormal working or condition. Getting into wireless router gives you administrative rights to change or modify the settings of your wireless router. In other words, signing in can be termed as accessing the admin page of your wireless router with the help of its default IP address. Now we will learn about Default IP address below.
- What is the default IP address and how to know IP address of your router?
Default IP address is an address assigned to a network device by the vendor of the product. Here default IP means an access point which is used by default. To know default IP address of your wireless router, look for a small sticker paper on the back of your wireless router with “Wireless Settings” written on it. You will find default IP address of your wireless router under it. Default IP address for most of the routers is for example: 192.168.X.X. Note this down because you will need this address to get into your wireless router.
GETTING INTO ROUTER
The best thing to know is, you don’t need to be connected to the Internet to get into your wireless router but hardware or wireless connection is necessary to get into your wireless router. So we will show you how to get into your wireless router successfully. Follow the below given instructions carefully:
- Hardware connection
Firstly we will make hardware connection between our physical devices. Instructions are given below:
- Connect your wireless router with your modem through Ethernet cable. Plug one end of an Ethernet cable into the wireless router, and other end of the cable into modem. Now using another Ethernet cable, connect your computer with your wireless router.
- Now plug in the adapter of your router into the power outlet and switch on your router. Wait few seconds for your router to get a star.
- Signing into router
Now we will take you to the steps to sign into your router. Follow the instructions below:
- Open any web browser on your computer and enter the default IP address of your wireless router that you wrote down previously. Enter the default IP address into the address bar instead of search bar.
- Now you will see a small login window on your screen asking for login credentials. Enter the login credentials of your wireless router and click login.
If you can see the home page of your wireless router, it means you have successfully signed into your wireless router.
Facing an issue while attempting to get into your router?
Check whether you have entered correct login credentials in the fields. If still facing an issue, go for router reset. Press and hold reset button for few seconds and your router will be reset. Now start again with above given steps to get into your wireless router.