Linksys router is an important device in this modern world. Linksys routers are very helpful in sharing the data from one to the other.
The following blog describes the procedure if your Linksys router stopped working and what are the steps that we need to take to troubleshoot this type of issue.
If your Linksys stopped working then first and foremost restart your Linksys router. If the Linksys router still does not work follow the steps mentioned below:
- You have to restart the Linksys router and also the modem. Now connect both the Linksys router and the modem using a cable from the internet port.
- In case the above-mentioned step does not help then you need to reset only the Linksys router by using the reset key at the back side of your Linksys router.
- You need to press the reset key using a paper clip and hold for 30-45 seconds and let it go. After the reset your Linksys router, you need to reboot the router and modem.
- You will see an unsecured Linksys wireless network in your computer under the network list. Try to connect to the Linksys wireless network.
- Now, enter 192.168.1.1 in the address bar of your browser. Now you need to set up the Linksys router like a new wireless router.
- In the wireless security tab, setup your service network name and password for your Linksys router.
- Restart all the devices (router, modem, and computer) after setup.
In case your Linksys router still not working you need to update your Linksys router firmware. An old version of your Linksys router firmware can also be the reason that your Linksys stopped working. Follow the below mentioned steps to update your Linksys router firmware:
- First, download the firmware from Linksys official website, http://www.linksys.com/us/support.
- In the search option, enter the model number of your router.
- In the download section, choose the version number of your router. Then you can see the list files, then choose the latest version of the router’s firmware and download it.
When the download of your router’s firmware is complete you need to update the firmware. Follow the steps mentioned below to update the firmware:
- First, connect your device with the router via Ethernet cable.
- Open any web portal and enter http://192.168.1.1 in the URL bar.
- You will get the login page. Fill the default username and password, username and password is “admin” for both.
- When you are logged into the router, go to the Administration option.
- Now, click on firmware option. Find the file which you had downloaded earlier.
- Click on start upgrade button and your Linksys router will start updating the firmware.
Wait for a while, your Linksys router will take some time after the update. Thus by above-mentioned steps your Linksys router firmware is updated.
Anyhow, if your router is still not working, we will suggest you press the factory restore button of your Linksys router.
For the factory reset, you need to press the button for 15seconds and then release it. After the factory restore you need to set up your Linksys router again as a new router.
We hope from the above-mentioned blog your issue of my Linksys router stopped working is solved.
Thus, by following the above-mentioned procedure you can fix the problem regarding my Linksys router stopped working. If in case, your router is still not working you can contact us at our toll-free number.